Wednesday 7 February 2007

Reasons to diet

A while ago, someone at the class said that she had made a list of reasons to diet and then someone else said something about having more than 10 reasons to lose weight and that being a reason not to cheat. Actually that wasn't addressed to me as I haven't been tempted to cheat yet - it was on a Diet Forum discussion board.

Anyway, it set me to thinking about my reasons. Strangely, they are quite confused. I suppose my main reasons are set out in my letter to myself but the inspiring aims and more minor aspirations are probably more compelling than the heavy duty psychological reasons in the letter. Weird really.

So - Reasons to Diet - Lite:

  • Want to fit into a pair of size 12 jeans and look good (sexy).
  • Want to be able to shop in trendy, normal shops and buy the latest looks without having to compromise and alter them to allow for my shape. I especially don't want to have to always cover up my tummy - would love to wear jeans with the belt showing rather than with a long jumper to the hips.
  • Want to be happy in a swimming costume (bikini even) in front of my mates or at Slippery Stones next summer.
  • Want to surprise my Irish in-laws with the slim me that they have never seen. They don't know I'm on a diet so, if I don't see them until September, the difference will be dramatic.
  • Want to be slim when we go to Canada in June; not at target weight but happy in shorts and swimming costume.
  • Want to be fit enough to stride up hills without panting and to be able to talk all the way up the hills at the first and 13th holes at Sicklehome golf club.
  • Want the people (Roy etc) who sit near me at Hillsborough to notice and comment on the change at the beginning of next season.
  • Want to fit into my motorbiking leathers and skiing trousers and get back to doing both those things. Ultimtely, I want to buy some really good looking leathers and go biking with D like we used to (each riding our own bikes of course!).
  • Want to be lighter than my husband for the first time since I met him in 1988 and feel comfortable sitting on his knee if necessary.
  • Want to fit into my old 501 jeans, gold evening dress and wedding dress but not give up then and carry on to lose another couple of stone.
  • Want to be able to run the Bamford Fell race in July - running up Win Hill would be a nightmare but it would be a real achievement - might even do it for charity. If not that, then some sort of physical achievement - a triathlon, a road race, a long swim - something difficult.

Well, that's enough to be getting on with. It will be interesting to check back and see how I get on.

No comments: