Saturday 17 February 2007

Day 37 -64 -






We said good bye to Graham and his lot at crack of dawn this morning - 5am - which was a blessedly brief job - and crawled back to bed for another few hours. Then up for a nice long walk.
We started with the massive hill you can see in the first photo. It doesn't look bad there but believe me it is really steep and very long and tht photo was only taken half way up. I managed it fine and noticed again what a difference the weight loss has made. It was good though, as once that hill is out of the way we could really enjoy the rest of the tramp which was nearly all level or downhill.
I really like these photos as they're the first ones of me where I have been able to "see" that I've lost weight. Obviuosly I know that I have and I can feel it in my clothes but there's a gap between knowing and seeing. When I saw these shots, I could see that a couple of chins have gone, my neck is longer, my legs are thinner and I just generally look healthier. It's great.
We had a good chat round the walk about France and what we might do over there and where we might live, whether we want a place to do up or a renovated place - useful stuff.
Back at the ranch, I cooked boiled bacon and cabbage for D as he has been missing home cooking since he's been cooking for himself and then lay wallowing in a gorgeous bubble bath. I lit candles, got the music on (through D's new bathroom speakers) and just enjoyed life and counted my blessing for a good hour. Bliss.
Now, better go and get ready to go out.

No comments: