Monday 12 February 2007

Day 32 -69

Can't believe it - I've just typed out a full post and then deleted it just at the very end! Grrr So, this will probably be an abbreviated version.

I had a busy day today. I had a meeting at 10 but had not had chance to prepare for it as the weekend was so busy. I left home at 6am to be in the office before 7 and was working away on the papers when the meeting cancelled at 9am! Oh well, I got a load done.

A couple of people at work who I don't know have commented out of the blue that I have lost weight which was gratifying and I seem to have a collection of others who I meet in the kitchen when I'm preparing my shakes and soups who ask for updates - it should all help to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I got home to find that D had cut through a water pipe (didn't do much damage) so was up to his eyes in tools etc and hadn't had supper. I was happy to help him out and it wasn't too painful even though it was my favourite, roast chicken. I think because I had eaten first so wasn't hungry. Actually it was quite nice working companiably in the kitchen together- I must try and keep that up when I'm back to cooking, even if he's just doing chores.

I have a confession to make. Yesterday when cooking the roast chicken I had a few scraps and a couple of mouthfuls of stuffing and a crust of bread with butter. Not much at all but enough to make me feel guilty and cheesed off with myself. It's not the amount which I doubt will do any harm but the fact that I weakened and broke my goal from a few weeks ago. Also, I'm concerned that, unless I take action, one bite will lead to others.

So, I'm officially putting a stop to it - this is a cheat free zone and I'm not going to nibble again!

Must remeber to eat before cooking as that really helped this evening when I was serving the chicken. Poor D is going to be bored of chicken by the time that one is half done - think the dog will have to help him out!

Anyway, I'm going to hit the sofa now - byee...

No comments: