Saturday 10 February 2007

Day 29 -72

It was a pretty busy Friday - I went to the proper doctor's appointment and discovered that my blood pressure is indeed high and that I have to wear a 24 hour monitor to get the proper picture. Grrr. Still, the doctor wasn't that concerned as he doesn't think it is a problem based on my previous readings. He was also very supportive of the diet and said I should definitely continue with it. Hurrah!

Had a long meeting in the afternoon after a very busy morning and left for home at 4.30pm through really heavy snow. It was crawling over between Homesfield and Fox House and then, just when the road was way better, some idiot in a 4x4 decided to slow it down even more! We were in 1st gear going as slowly as possible which I think was actually dangerous as you kept bunching up into each other and having to put the brakes on - daft beggar. Still got home without too much trouble.

We were meeting Martin and Shelley to go out late but Shelley got stuck so was late home so we didn't leave the Anglers 'til 10pm - picked them up at their back of beyond lane and then crawled across in the snow to the Woodroffe and met up with Stace and Jim. Had a really good night - everyone was very impressed by the diet and it was good to catch up with Stace and Shelley.

We were talking about her wedding and how hard it will be not to eat at Hassop hall but I am absolutely determined to be good. The only person who was trying to persuade me to eat was Jim - typical I suppose.

Home late after a fairytale white drive through the snow on the back lanes with 3 drunkards all telling me how to drive! Heyho - what it's like to be sober when everyone else is drinking... D was all sentimental and telling me how "hot" I look now I've lost weight off my face - nice to hear but there's a long way to go.

No comments: