Thursday, 26 February 2009
It is not the end of the world - just a set back and a timely reminder for me to get back to reading my book, the cards and implementing the plan, all the time, not just Monday to Friday afternoon!
So, I've put the book in my handbag to read at lunchtime at work and a properly chastened but determined Lesley is back on track.
Personal training was tough today to - running intervals and tricky weights. I feel better already!! Have a good one everyone.
Wednesday, 25 February 2009
Tuesday, 24 February 2009
Shelagh suspiciously guarding her stock of sticks.
Sunday, 22 February 2009
Saturday, 21 February 2009
Friday, 20 February 2009
Minty winning...come on Shelagh!
Wednesday, 18 February 2009
Me on top of Whinstone Lee Tor with the Derwent reservoir behind me.
And the snowy view...
- I measured out my pasta today and it looked paltyr compared to my pre-diet portion. But I carried on with that amount, ate it and am now pleasantly full.
- After the pasta, there was a brief tussle in my head concerning whether I was going to go and have something else....and I won the tiff easily; I didn't even head for the kitchen.
- I went to a petrol station this evening, hungry and on my way to the gym and didn't give in to a snack. Pre-Beck that would have been a nailed on cert.
- I haven't had a single biscuit or chocolate at work for over 3 weeks.
- I've cut back my work day lunch and yet really enjoy it and don't want more.
- I've cut out my daily MacDonalds cappucino and don't even think about it as I drive past.
- Apart from on "Bad Saturday", I've not had bread at home for weeks.
So, all that is positive but the difference between maintaining and dropping weight is obviously quite small as I'm not dropping much and it feel painfully slow.
Also, I'm prone to giving into temptation in some circumstances - football being one of them. I met my pal at Pizza Hut last night and, having already checked out the nutritional values, I chose a pasta and a glass of wine. I then gave into 2 slices of garlic bread and, when Jim's individual pizza was upgraded to a large by mistake, I had a slice of that too! That's an extra 400 or so calories! Not great.
But, forewarned is forearmed and I'm determined that, next time, I'm going to choose the same pasta but add a side salad to it so that I feel happy turning down half the garlic bread. It was partly the fact that I hadn't had that pasta dish before and I was almost nervous that "it wouldn't be big/nice enough"!! How daft is that?? And partly that I associate going to the football with excess in food and booze. I'm reining it back in but it's taking time.
In case you're interested, Wednesday played terribly and lost to our other local rivals Barnsley which was dire....sigh.. That's the life of a fan of a mediocre club; up one minute, crashing down the next.
So, into the shower and off to the pub...have a great week everyone.
Monday, 16 February 2009
Minty enjoying the view.
Sunday, 15 February 2009
Looking up toward Bamford Edge and Stanage Moor.
Friday, 13 February 2009
Minty Moo (as christened by Ameythist - the name has stuck with me Am!)
Thursday, 12 February 2009
Minty admiring the view.......she has a bad habit of standing very near to the drop which tends to make me nervous as she's not right bright... (as they say round here!)