Saturday 24 February 2007

Day 44 -57

I'vw just got back from the football where Sheffield Wednesday just managed to beat Southend in the last minute with a penalty. Exciting stuff. We were playing really well in the first half and could have scored about 4 in a 5 minute spell but we didn't and that's alway a bad sign. they came back into it at 2-2 in the second and we started playing like no-hopers. So frustrating. Anyway, just when all was nearly lost, we got a penalty decision which was almost the last kick of the game.

I raced back and just made it homein time to see the national anthems of the England-Ireland game in the rugby 6 Nations Championship. I was so impressed by the Irish crowd. They were impeccable during God Save the Queen and the atmosphere is great. Trouble is, now the Irish are beating us and Diarmuid is going to be unbearable if that happens. Come on England!!

Anyway, back to the diet. I haven't seen Jim for a few weeks now and he said that the weight loss was really noticeable. He was chatting to another friend of ours and joking about how I'm changing dress sizes in the space of an hour and how I've had to pop out to the shops to get some new jeans while we've been in the pub etc. He's really funny and it was nice to hear. Also, the barmaid from the New Barracks came up to me and commented on how much I've lost which was good.

I wasn't hungry while he ate his bacon sarnie and gorgeous looking chips but I was really hungry once I got home. I must admit that I had a couple of mouthfuls of chicken breast while waiting for my soup to heat up. Don't feel too guilty as a couple of mouthfuls of chicken won't make any difference but I must work on avoiding temptation in case it leads to worse infringements.

I said no to myself about 3 or 4 times before I eventually gave in and went to the fridge. It's a strange thing. I think I was very hungry and just didn't believe that the soup alone was going to do the trick. Probably a good example of crooked thinking as I'm sure it would have been.

Anyway, I'm off to the pub to see the second half and put up with my husband's crowing. Think we're meant to be going for a meal so that'll be fun......not!

No comments: