Friday 11 May 2007

Developing 18 - back to work

It was pretty quiet day yesterday. Diarmuid engaged me (somewaht unwillingly) in a discussion about the rights and wrongs of terrorism, including that old chestnut - one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter!! Now, I've thought out my views on this one years ago but D was obviously affected by the Lithuanian experience (as well as his anti-Empirical feelings as an Irishman) and was fired up. A bit irritating as I really wanted to sleep!!

I suppose it was fun, ultimately, but I wish we could talk at a time other than the middle of the night!!

So, I was exhausted all day and even fell asleep while having my nails done! The Vietnamese man who does them kept on tugging at my paw to wake me up and I had to concentrate like mad while he was doing the painting as they're very down on smudgers in the super speedy salon I go to!! While I was drying them (under a UV light thing) I rested my temple against the sharp-edged formica counter and was out like a light - way better than the usual impatient frustration at how slow it is to dry nails...

My head felt like it was full of cotton wool and my colleagues clearly thought I had a screw loose as I chatted away about one deal when they had quite clearly asked me about another. Aaaargh!

Back home and off to personal training. It went really well and the exercises felt much smoother than last week. He's putting together my home workout for next week now so I should be up and running soon.

Trouble is, as soon as I got home, the reason for the exhaustion becamse apparent as I fell into a nasty cold/coughing fit! Aaaaah...

An early night with no political discussions and straight to sleep like a log.

No comments: