Friday 6 April 2007

Day 85 -16 Good Friday


Hi all on this uncharacteristically gorgeous Good Friday! Hope you've all been out enjoying the sunshine.

I was up bright and early for a run with Shelley and Fran. We went round the long route which I have been doing for the last few weeks but which they haven't done before. It went very well and we all felt suitably virtuous by 11 when we'd finished. I then had a look through my summer stuff to see what if anything I can get into. I have to say the picking were decidedly poor. As you can see, D and I had a great laugh at the sight of me in my size 24 shorts from last summer!!

Thank God I'm not fitting those ever again! I think I had better get out and buy a mini capsule wardrobe for the summer or at least the next few weeks. I'm into cheap size 18's now (ie Primark/Matalan etc) so it shouldn't break the bank. You never know, I might even be able to find an M&S 16 I can squeeze into??

Anyway, I went shopping for nice food for D. He's said he doesn't want an Easter Egg (not a big chocolate fan) but he's bored of his own cooking and has made a request for some favourites - spaghetti, roast chicken and trifle. I'm sure that can be arranged so have purchased the necessaries and will cook for him (as he's being so good!) over the weekend.

We then spent the rest of the day in the garden - D making a start on the footpath and me trimming the hedge and generally tiding up. We're towards the end of a major re-landscaping of the garden and really want to get it done over the next couple of months. I will post before and after pictures at some stage as it has been a major endeavour and we've done it all ourselves (well, mostly D to be honest). It's a necessary step in the "Moving to France" project so we've got renewed vigour now that spring has arrived.

Anyway, off to the pub to see some people I haven't seen for a few weeks - hope they can see the difference. Charlotte is pregnant so we're going in opposite directions!

Have a great weekend everyone and keep it up.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

OMG that photo really shows how much weight you have lost. Your legs look skinny, your face is really different, and where's the belly gone?

You have done amazingly well, I love seeing your photo's like this cause it gets me all so excited for when I get to the same stage myself.

I've been painting in the bathroom today, Easter always seems to be the start of the DIY season, B&Q was rammed full of saddo's buying their goodies to go 'home improving'. Made me want to cringe at the fact that I to, was part of that clan. Bank holiday, and I'm in B&Q.... AAaarrrhhh When did I grow up?

Hope you're having a good weekend, thanks for the comment about my new barnet, take care.

Mel x x

. said...

Wow you look so small in that photo - to be honest if you hadn't have told me the sizes I'd have said that the shorts were a 18 and you were a 12 .... you look so slim, and there's just no stomach there to be seen - that's def a photo to keep.

Sounds like you had a good day today, bet it was good getting out into the garden and getting it all sorted.

Hope you have agreat night at the pub ... have a water for me!

Cath
x

hopefilly said...

Hi Lesley that photo of you is amazing. Im currently in wk 4 have lost 19 lbs up to wk 3. Im finding the diet ok didnt think Id have been able to do without food. Im glad I took your advice in the beginning to go ahead with the diet and your blog keeps me motivated thank you for that will keep in touch.
Mandy x.

Lesley said...

Hi Hopefilly. I was just wondering about you a couple of days ago so great to hear how well you're doing! That's fantastic news - you're closing down on the big 2 stone mark.

Keep it up and keep dropping in from time to time.

Lesley x

chrismars said...

My first reaction whenI opened your blog was, "Wow!" - and a big one at that. Your looking absolutely fabulous, Lesley. It's all that running. I do wish I had the mindset to get out there myself. I'd really need to build up the fitness levels tho' to get to your standard. Keep it up - it's WORKING!

Good luck with the cooking. I know you'v been avoiding it since you started LL (you lucky thing) but it's not that bad as the ketosis keeps your hunger pangs at bay. I find I can even smell the dinner cooking and not get too upset about not being able to eat it.

Happy Easter- again...

Chris x

Steph said...

WOW Lesley you are looking amazing, well done, you must be so proud of yourself.

Thanks for the comments about the pictures on my blog, I've had a lot of practice taking pictures of dogs, pesky beast they are, always turning their heads just as I press the shutter down lol.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Steph x