Monday 5 March 2007

Day 53 -48

Back to work again. Was in mega early (7am again) and got a fair bit done before my appointment at the Dental hospital. yeuch! Not too bad this time although they have confirmed that I have to have an extraction....aaaargh! How much do teeth weigh??

On my way back to the office I stopped into Meadowhell to got to Debenhams and Monsoon looking for an evening dress for the dinner dance I'm going to on Saturday. In Debenhams I picked up a stack of 20s and was excited to discover that they were all too big! So back for the 18s and one of them was too big! I ended up buying a pretty bias cut black dress with cream embroidery and a cream sparkly stole (in size 18 - yay!). Very girly.

All the shops were full of identical 50's style high waisted full skirted dress which look absolutely terrible on me - I look like a baby hippo in a dress! It's a shame tho' 'cos the fabircs are gorgeous this season - pretty, light, interesting, not all in black. I'm pretty sure that that style wouldn't suit me however slim I got though - so I didn't feel depressed! I think it's because the full skirt falls from above the waist so you don't see that I have a waist and then flares outwards making my hips look even bigger and to make matters worse they tend to be just below the knee in length, which is the fattest part of my leg so really, really unflattering! I have stuck with an old favourite look and pray that dresses for curvy girls come back in soon!

Anyway, an evening in with nothing decent on telly so I'll be on ebay tonight. Hope this gets better!

Diet fine - no cheating and no feeling deprived. Haven't done any exercise apart from shopping today (athough that was pretty arduous). Must go swimming tomorrow.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Lesley!
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a message.
I've enjoyed reading your blod and its great to follow your progress. Your new outfit sounds fab - I can't wait til I can shop in stores other than Evans!!
I love your photo's from your walks with your gorgeous dog; you have some lovely countryside where you are.
I joined the minimins forum last night and everyone is really nice, so I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time there.
Thanks again and I'll look forward to reading your updates.
Wendy x

Unknown said...

Hi Lesley well done you are doing brilliantly - how do you find out about all the various recipes? I keep seeing them on different blogs but not sure what to do.

I only started my blog after fi ding everyone elses and I thought why not :-)