Sunday 4 March 2007

Day 51 -50

Had a quiet day over at my folks' place near Lincoln. Their friends, Ian and Jose were over for the weekend and they live in France so I wanted to pick their brains about what it's like over there for an expat. It was really good to see them as I haven't seen them for years although Mum and Dad keep me in touch with what they and their children are up to.

I got some usefuly tips about properties from Ian and Jose and had a lovely walk with Jose round the village. It's always good to get back to Lincolnshire and see the open skies of my home county. I love the hills here but I suppose home always speaks to you doesn't it?

Mum and Dad were suitably impressed by the weightloss and they and the landlady at the pub said you could see I had lost weight even since I was last there about 3 weeks before! She's mad about dogs too so was making a fuss about Shelagh and her smart hair cut....more daft dog stuff...

I was happy to help Mum with the cooking again and didn't eat, so another temptation bypassed. I was also really happy with a new outfit I have put together - I new top from M & S, my tweedy skirt, long brown boots and a brown leather belt around my hips - very stylish! I feel so much slimmer and that I can take on new looks.

Anyway, not much to report - we stayed in in the evening and watched MOTD...very pleasant but not exciting!

No comments: