Thursday 13 November 2008

The power of exercise

A very tame Weaver bird at a water hole. Our Guide, Ruan, had got into the habit of feeding the braver ones and they were gorgeous.

How's that for a close up? Too close, I couldn't fit her tail in!


The males weren't as brave so had to wait for the crumbs on the ground!


3 female kudu. I love their big soft ears and gentle expressions.



A big handsome male Red Hartebeest. There were masses of these; after a while we barely noticed them. We did see a couple of newborns though, driving back from our evening game drive. It was too dark for photos but they were lovely, all gawky, gangly legs like little fluffy foals. Ruan said they were probably less than an hour old. Sigh...




I felt very grumpy and slothful this morning but the long-standing and non-negotiable date of my personal training loomed so I hauled my ass out of bed and was only a few minutes late at 7.03am. And now I feel much better!!


This is going to be a short post as I have to shower and get to work but I wanted to say that facing my demons in my last post seems to have unlocked something. I'm still struggling with the eating but I feel much more positive and I not hiding away any more. This constant blogging is helping too.

So, I'm going to keep plugging away at this and I will get there.

I'm trying something different too.


I 'm going to ask the SW counsellor not to tell me my weight and I'm not going to weigh myself during the week. (I've removed the batteries from the scales.) She can tell me how much I've dropped (note my positive attitude) but not the figure itself. I don't want to get hooked up on how much I've gained/lost and the numbers.....I want to separate that element from what I'm trying to do with food. It's a first for me so feels a bit weird.








I hope you like the piccies. I have loads from South Africa so I could be at this for a while but to be honest the weather is so miserable here, I'm not taking many at the weekends so I may as well use up my stocks. Hope you like elephants as you are going to be seeing lots of them. I fell in love with them in Addo, their social lives look so interesting and there were so many little stories going on.

3 comments:

Crissy Rae said...

The pictures are great. That was one tame bird! I will be looking forward to some great elephant shots, too.

This whole weight loss effort surely is an enormous effort but we can do it. Persevere and you will get there. I like the positive spin on the scale.

Dee said...

I can't tell you how happy I am that you are blogging again. I have missed reading your stories. I love the pictures. It is nice to know that there are other women struggling just like I am. We are doing better and will day after day.

J said...

sorry for the whinge fest and thanks for your support- feeling better this morning (apart from the fatness obv) x hope all well with you - fab photos as ever xxx