Friday 7 November 2008

Pondering

The magnificent and beautiful King Proteas of South Africa




More proteas in different colours






I hope you like holiday snaps as I have masses! I chose the above piccies taken in Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden in Cape Town because they were so bright and colourful; the perfect antidote to the dark winter evenings and grey, cloudy weather.


I have been catching up with a few blogs over the last few days and quite a few people seem to be turning back to WW to control their weight. I can't stand WW personally and the one near where I live is really busy, impersonal and time consuming so that's a no-go. I'm checking out what else might be available.


If I do SW again, I would have to do it with a different mindset to the last few times I tried it as I tended to give up almost immediately and had very limited sucess. Historically, I have had the most sucess with SW (apart from LL of course) and the local class and timing are much more convenient so it looks like the front runner at the moment.




I suspect my previous failures to get back into it might have been partly because I wasn't really accepting that I had a problem and also that I was doing it with a friend and therefore didn't feel like I owned the process. I'd probably keep this quiet at least at first.


Anyway, I'm still thinking about it, but it seems like a good way to go.


In other news, I checked out the new swimming pool which the Council (for whom I work so I shall take due credit!) has just opened very near to my office. It is less than 5 minutes walk and very plush. I even get a discount as a Council employee! I went to a Body Combat class last Friday which was fantastic but the instructor was ill today so I swam instead so Go Me! for not being derailed trying something new.



I'm going to try and get to at least 2 classes per week in addition to my 2 personal training sessions and running at the weekends and walking the dogs. That should be enough exercise and I don't have the resistance to classes which I seem to have to the running. That at least is something which is working out.

No comments: