Tuesday 24 April 2018

Woooo hoooo!!

The scales were playing with me (and keeping me honest probably). I managed a 1.8lb drop this morning taking me into the 16 stone bracket, just. I'm now 16.13.4 which is a total drop of 12 and a half lbs. Hopefully I can achieve another 1.5 - 2lb drop next week to see that first stone gone....

I have reflected on the sticky scales frustration and whether I should step back from them altogether but think I will continue to weigh myself daily. The very fact that I didn't see drops last week kept me honest and striving. Last night in particular I was hungry (or possibly "hungry" as in wanting something/anything) and alone at home. If I hadn't wanted so much to see a drop today might I have snacked?

(Which means I do have to be on the alert should I see good results on the scale to not take them for granted and ease up.)

At the moment I seem to be in a nice rhythm of strictness during the week with a moderate easing up at weekends.

I'm still recording every morsel and food/drink thought into my Honesty Diary which is very helpful. I find myself flicking back through the pages and it has got me back on track a few times when I might have wavered. You know, when that little chimp voice is bargaining away to have something extra or not exercise.

My next milestone is, obviously, that first stone but after that I have set fitting into a pair of white denim shorts presently languishing in a drawer which will be nice for summer. I will post a pic of course.

Preliminary wedding dress shopping will wait for a couple of stone I think - later on in the summer. Ooooh, I'm looking forward to that!!



 

2 comments:

Seren said...

Yay! So pleased that those sticky scales moved for you!

Sx

Peridot said...

A shiny new stone bracket - such a good feeling! Well done you

Px