Monday 2 April 2018

Lisa Riley (y'know, the fat lass off of Emmerdale and Strictly!!)

I am happy to have a plan at long last. I'm clearly going nowhere without one and I REALLY do NOT want to be a fat bride. I was disappointed enough that I didn't manage to drop a bit of lard for our trip to Australia but not managing it for my wedding would be gutting.

So, I'm pleased that I picked the Lisa Riley book off the shelf for inspiration. I bought it the week we got back from Oz (along with Tom Kerridge's dieting book) but had not really done more than flick through it until this weekend.

I stood on the scales this morning (with a view to limiting the damage of a day at an away game) and was pleased to see that I have somehow lost that pesky lb I found last week. I have been to the gym and for a good long walk yesterday so I do deserve it. However I'm now on a coach heading up to Sunderland for the footie, already 2.5 pints and a bacon and egg sandwich to the bad so I clearly like a challenge!!

My word it is snowy! We awoke to a winter wonderland.



Then it pounded it down for another hour or so to make our drive into Sheffield even more entertaining.




It is pretty hilly so the total emptiness was a little unnnerving. But we made it through and, after a few pints, we're on the coach on a snowy/sleety motorway heading north.

I'm going to have a good day today as the deprivation starts tomorrow!! Up the Owls!!

1 comment:

Peridot said...

Pretty as the snow is, I am so ready for spring.

I didn’t get on with the Tom Kerridge book at all and jettisoned it swiftly to a charity shop. It will be interesting to hear what you think.

I WAS a fat bride of course. The only reason I could hold my head up was that I knew I’d worked as hard as I could to not be one. Not an elegantly worded sentence, but you get what I mean. I still feel sad when I see photos of stunning brides on social media though. Not sure where I’m going with this, but I certainly understand.

Px