Monday 23 April 2018

Frustration

Sticky, sticky scales are plaguing me this week. First at 17.1.2, then down to 17.0.0 and sadly back up to 17.0.8 for the last couple of days.

So, after a week of being careful, eating well, exercising, not snacking, cutting right back on booze (although not cutting it out altogether), I'm looking at a tiny drop for the week.

Hey ho. I believe this approach will not only yield results but also retrain me into healthy eating patterns for the future as well so I will keep the faith with it.

Last weekend was fun. A run set me off on Saturday morning before heading into town for the football. Once again I went to the supermarket to cut down on pub time so no beer and no pub food (our pub does not have any decent diet choices!). I was rewarded with with a win! 3-nil no less. Totally too little, too late but it left us smiling. And the Sheffield Double as well! (That's when Wednesday wins and Sheffield United loses on the same weekend.)

After the football it was home for a quick supper (TK's lasagne out of the freezer) before heading up to the pub to see a band. The Buddies, old rock and roll and rockabilly music - great entertainment and good dancing.

I didn't stint on the booze although I converted pints of beer or glasses of wine into gin and slimline tonics, 6 of them!! It was a great night out and I don't feel bad about those calories.

Yesterday was pretty relaxed. All we had on the agenda was a golf match. Mixed foursomes knockout. We lost, largely due to me suddenly going from playing reasonably well to being unable to hit the ball straight!! Poor Rich. He struggled manfully but couldn't do it on his own....

Meatballs with TK's ragu and courgetti. I small slice of garic bread (100 calories) and one glass of red finished off the weekend. I will cut those indulgences out if I really can't drop weight this way but I hope I don't have to.

Today has been pretty good. I had the day off for our first golf scratch match of the season. I was very virtuous foodwise - no sandwiches beforehand, no snacking on the course, no roasties with my supper and no dessert (a gorgeous chocolate roulade/cake thingy which everyone drooled over - sigh).

I won my match 5 and 4 and played lovely golf (felt a bit guilty telling Rich...). The team also won and our opponents were very nice ladies so it was a most satisfactory Monday.

Rich is out at darts again but I'm being abstemious. Fingers crossed for my weigh in tomorrow!!




No comments: