Tuesday 3 April 2018

Quiet Bank Holiday weekend


As befitted a grey, rainy Easter weekend we did very little. My father was visiting my sister down south and we tend to be much more lazy with Richard's more local family so we had a whole weekend with no particular plans.

Friday we had a home game at Hillsborough so that took up much of the day. And a very happy trip it proved to be - a superb second half with 5 goals gave us a 4-1 win over Preston who are challenging for the play-offs. I haven't seen us win since 31st October so it was fantastic!!

Saturday was quiet - slept late, gym, chores round the house, dog walk, bottle of wine with meatballs and spaghetti for supper.

Sunday a little more active - slept late, big breakfast, nice long walk from Bamford up to the reservoir. It was grey, "brisk" and muddy but great to be out somewhere we haven't been for a month or 2. When we reached the dam wall we were unsurprised to see that it was overspilling into the sinkholes. Always impressive and faintly hypnotic.


The waterfall was thunderous.


Rich was smiling, he just wouldn't look at the camera, annoying man...


Easter Monday was a trip to Sunderland for the football. I've never been to either Sunderland or the Stadium of Light before and can't say l've seen anything of Sunderland now as it was a coach in and out but I'm pleased to have seen the Stadium of Light. A new stadium for my collection.





And we won!! Which certainly puts some sparkle into the day.


It was good to have a bit of a blowout before I get stuck into Lisa R's Honesty Diet. A few pints, a gorgeously calorific chicken parmo burger with coleslaw and those lovely soft chunky chips. I seriously enjoyed my last day of indulgence!

Having said that, I've really enjoyed today as well. I have, save for a small spoonful of verboten noodles with my sesame stir fried beef (tiny, I regret nothing), followed the plan to the letter. Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes for brekkie - what's not to like? Spicy carrot and lentil soup from the book for lunch - really tasty! Then sesame beef stir fry - mmmm hhhmm. Big props to Ms Riley for her tasty low calorie recipes so far.

I also took the dogs out for an hour at lunchtime AND did a full on workout at the gym early evening.  The 8 day kick start specifies a minimum of 45 minutes sweat inducing exercise every day.  She doesn't muck around, our Lisa!!

Pleasingly, I'm not feeling deprived (yet).  I've not snacked - Lisa really not keen on snacking or picking - and I've had only black coffees and green teas, and enjoyed them. Amazing.  Every thought and  morsel has been noted in my paper diary as stipulated - what fun.



2 comments:

Seren said...

You’ve inspired me to buy the book myself! Looking forward to reading it. Sx

Peridot said...

I’m going to check it out on Amazon too - you should be on commission!

Px