Thursday 5 April 2018

What a difference a day makes!

The sun shone. The sky is blue - who knew?? Bliss.

However compared to yesterday's stellar organisational skills, today was hectic and all over the place. I was WFH but had to take the dogs to the groomer so an early morning trip into Sheffield. Back home to work and prepare my first ever smoothie (I know, I'm so retro!). So far so good.

I was short of time so went for a run sans dogs at lunchtime which was great - the sun just lifts your spirits doesn't it?

I paused to stretch here at possibly the prettiest bus stop I know. A lovely garden tended I presume by the family of the guy commemorated on the bench.


Not the best view in the Valley but you can't argue with that sky.


I had to take a call here. Not a bad spot for a temporary office!





So 45 minutes of cardio as demanded by La Riley. Trouble is it left me tight for time. Quick shower and into town to pick up the dogs. No time for lunch.

Quick but gorgeous walk round Graves Park then through town to the vets for Minty's injection. (Not a good day for Minty - groomer and the vet!!)

Luckily there is a Sainsbury Local next to the vet so I was able to grab a sushi pack for lunch and a cut price chilli prawn linguine for supper.

Both are verboten according to LR as both have carbs but both were low cal and tasty and prevented me from much worse indulgences.  I live in the real world.

Back for another bit of work to make up my half day before dashing off to french. My teacher forgot about me (first time in years) so was delayed by 15 mins. Now back home, I've pricked and pinged the linguine and soon to head off to the last darts and doms of the season before finals night next week.

Okay, so it was not an organised day but I have stuck to the spirit of the plan if not the letter of it; I've exercised and I've fitted in a multitude of social calls, chores and even some work!!

I wouldn't like lots of days like this one but I have just about survived it. Now just to get through a night at The Grouse without an alcoholic drink!!!

Update: I did it. Had to stay late to play the pub game so it was late getting home. Rich is still in the pub as we MIGHT be winners of one or both darts and doms - all depends on other tesults. I managed to resist both booze (stuck to blackcurrant and soda) and the sandwiches, chips and very tempting sausage rolls. The latter were the toughest test but having a sausage roll at 10pm is not a good idea when you're trying to fit into a lovely wedding dress!!

1 comment:

Peridot said...

What beautiful pictures. I really miss the countryside now we’re not in Suffolk at the weekends. The seasons are so much more clearly defined, the colours sharper and brighter. London is always a variation of grey.

That is a very full day!

Px