Sunday 8 April 2018

Hectic Day 3

No pics today; it has been too busy!  Dog walk in the morning followed by a brunch. We were golfing in the afternoon so I needed some sustenance hence the combined breakfast and lunch. I went totally off plan in order to eat with Rich and enjoyed a modified "fry-up" - 2 small rashers (well grilled and lean), 2 poached eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes, a tablespoon of baked beans and a small slice of seeded granary bread. Approximately 500 calories which is not bad for 2 meals.

A lovely round of golf in mild, pleasant weather - amazing. It was a mixed match so there was the minefield of a meal afterwards to negotiate. I had roast gammon which came slathered in gravy with roasties and a giant yorkshire pudding. Helpfully, the yorkie came with a mini crust so I had that (2 mouthfuls) and left the rest (quickly claimed by Richard). I also left 2 spuds and went as easy as I could on the gravy.

Better was to come when desserts were announced - lemon tart, chocolate tart (both with chocolate icecream if you wanted) or bread and butter pudding. All favourites of mine. Somewhat to my surprise, I did something I haven't previously done - I asked if they had any fruit instead. They did, so while the rest of the table tucked sweet stuff, I ate a few bare raspberries and strawberries and, honestly, didn't feel deprived or upset at all.  Wooo hooo!

That definitely came from Lisa. She talks about how she used to aways have everything - starter, main, dessert, coffee, the lot. But how she noticed that her slimmer pals would nearly always say no to something. Then how she now has to be "careful" in the same way. All the time.

I've been like that, usually going for the max. So I thought that a golf club dinner is hardly an excuse for a blowout is it?? We have enough of them. So I said "no thanks, I'll have some fruit" for a change. The sky didn't fall in either!!

No drink either and no snacking at home. All in all, very pleasing.

I'm in the office tomorrow so will need to be organised to get back to the letter rather than the spirit of the plan. Am about to have a flick through the book to re-dedicate myself to it.

We're all cosy at home after a lovely outdoor day watching, yes, you guessed it, golf! The last round of The Masters. It's exciting as always.

1 comment:

Peridot said...

Roast gammon sounds delicious. And well done on refusing pudding. My tactic (which is not as good as yours) is ordering if I like the look of a pudding and then really concentrating on whether it’s worth the calories for me. Often it isn’t.

Also said I’d tell you the company that allows you to put together your cheese wedding ‘cake’ (& then supplies the cheese) - it’s the Cheese Shed. They were excellent.

Px