Friday 6 April 2018

Another busy one

Today is my first day on the plan when I'm working in the office rather than at home. I had scrambled eggs (with mushrooms and toms) before I left which was a bit weird as I'm not used to eating early. I felt full, almost uncomfortably so, but I didn't feel hungry until after 12 which never happens on toast or cereal so that was a bonus.

I was agonising how to fit everything I need to do in but the balance eventually came to me. I went for a very brisk, extended walk atound town to Tesco and bought the ingredients I need for tonight's supper and a salad for lunch. I managed 31 minutes cardio and can knock the remaining 15 or so minutes off with a quick run or dog walk at home.

I will do the main supermarket shop tomorrow while the lads are in the pub pre-football. This decreases the pub time I have to resist delicious real ale and allowed me to exercise today. Genius!

This evening brings another challenge. We are going to see Jarvis Cocker in concert at The Devil's Arse cave in Castleton. We're going with another couple and our evenings with them are usually pretty boozy. I have elected to drive  to remove temptation. Stacey saw through my motivation straight away - "you're on a diet for your wedding dress"!! Busted.

Should be a good night - hope it's not too cold!!

On a different topic, La Riley recommends that you don't weigh yourself all the time (occasionally is ok) and rely instead upon how your clothes feel. As you know, I'm rubbish at that and have been hopping on every morning and recording the (very gratifying) results in my Honesty Diary.

Even if I wasn't seeing the results I think I would have noticed them as I already feel a little slimmer. My clothes, jeans especially, are noticeably comfier and are not as short!! You know, when they're less tight they sit better and ride a bit lower!!

I like the discipline of daily weigh ins. As long as you do not use a good day as an excuse to "treat" oneself or get excessively miserable about a bad day, I don't see the problem.

2 comments:

Seren said...

Sounds like you’re doing brilliantly! Keep
It up :) Sx

Peridot said...

You are blasting through this! Well done you!

Px