Friday 27 April 2018

Teetering on the edge....

I'm still teetering on the edge of that first stone off, just 1/2lb away. I'm chilled about it; it will happen, hopefully this week.

Yesterday was busy - I only worked a half day as several appointments - vets, nails and golf. The golf was the ladies foursomes knockout which you play in pairs. My partner is a lovely Thai woman called Kanchana who can't hit the ball very far (she's tiny) but is steady and great fun. We were playing 2 strong players so we were really proud of ourselves that we stood firm, didn't panic when it got tough and ultimately won handily. Round 2 awaits us!!

I pushed my luck a bit diet wise yesterday though. I had a slice of toast with chocolate spread just before we went out, purely to ensure my energy didn't dip as we were playing at an odd time (3.30pm). Then I had a third of a bag of prawn crackers with supper (thai green curry) and finally a small glass of white wine. None of them excessive treats and my day came in around 1800 calories but definitely more, erm, relaxed, than I have been.

Today has been WET! It has rained nonstop all day. Luckily I'm a gym member so off I trotted at lunchtime for a solid workout of weights, abs, planks and cardio (15 minutes on the treadmill - go me!).  I'm now hoping that Rich will take on the wet dog walking duties while I have a hot bath and make supper.

Supper is going to be turkey meatballs with sweet potato and tomatoes. Quite excited about this. We have to eat quite early as we're off to see some friend in an Am Dram performance of Wind in the Willows. Should be entertaining (I hope!).

I'm off to my dad's for the day tomorrow to hook up with my eldest niece and her boyfriend who are visiting him for the weekend. I'm looking forward to it as there's lots to chat about! Will have to stay strong though as dad's house is littered with chocolate and biscuits!!  Have a great weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

Peridot said...

I have never had success cooking with turkey mince, so keen to hear how this worked out.

Nearly a stone off is brilliant!

Px