Sunday 29 April 2018

A week of wooo hooos after last week's sticky scales

So, I hit the stone off mark (and a bit more) yesterday morning which put me in a very good mood (woo hoo!).

Not only that but I had a mini try on of some clothes and comfortably fit into the white denim shorts and the clingy Sheffield Wednesday shirt (double woo hoo!). Sadly I probably won't wear either on the last match of the season on Sunday as the weather will be rubbish and we're going round town after the game so can't wear football colours.

After that little joy it was a tasty breakfast of crumpets and peanut butter before heading off to dad's. I have deliberately not bought crumpets for the last 4 weeks as they had become part of my eating too much problem. 2 for breakfast had stretched into 3 and I found it very easy to just pop a couple into the toaster for a between meals snack. However I feel confident that I'm not going to be doing that now so bought a pack. I was conscious of becoming a bit bored of yoghurt based breakfasts so now have another option. To be monitored carefully, however.

Lovely to spend the day with my gorgeous pa, most entertaining niece and her scrummy chocolate lab, Diesel. It rained all day so we went for a chatty pub lunch. The choices were not particularly diet friendly (no salads!) and I didn't feel like a boring jacket potato while those 2 tucked into cajun chicken burger with all the trimmings and rump steak so I picked the hot smoked salmon with poached eggs on a muffin with hollandaise. Okay, the hollandaise wasn't ideal but it was delicious. I won the lunch ordering game!

I don't usually do the food photo thing but for for some reason did with this plate;


We spent hours catching up. Liz and her boyfriend Craig are going to be accompanying dad to Australia in October so we chatted about places to go and things to do. She will have a blast and I'm so happy they're going with dad as he has been dithering and wavering about the trip. Having Liz and Craig with him will make sure he goes and that he is safe and happy getting there and back.

Liz and I took Diesel out for an hour's tramp in the rain. Quite refreshing and lovely to get to know my niece as a proper grown up woman. I've always felt close to Liz but they change in their 20s and she has turned out well.

Then back home to Rich and the dogs and 3 gins in the White Hart and a very late supper of TK's chicken and sweetcorn soup.

Today has been golf. A match against our local rivals the Hallamshire Golf Club on the edge of Sheffield. It's a great course, very tough and always fields strong teams. It's only a 3 woman team in the weekend league and I was chuffed with a 1.5 - 1.5 draw. They were all close matches and I was very pleased to win my match on the last green.  It was stunning today, clear skies and brilliant views over moor and valley.

The trouble is with matches - sandwiches and chips afterwards!  I had some sarnies and a couple of chips and now feel that now unfamiliar bread bloat (not too bad but noticeable). I was hungry though after a long chilly and hilly round walking in the fresh air so I hope I can cope with a few  naughty carbs without being derailed.

Now I'm in the middle of preparing a (relatively) healthy roast lamb. Roasted root veg instead of proper roasties etc. Mmmmmm, it's beginning to smell yummy.

Hope you've had good weekends folks!!




3 comments:

beth said...

Leave no lamb behind! ;)

Congrats on the stone off (and the lunch win!)

Peridot said...

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Amazing!

Every TK recipe you mention sounds good. I am confused and perplexed!

Why no photos of Diesel? You know how partial I am to a chocolate Labrador! And how is Minty?

Px

Lesley said...

Ah, how remiss of me as he was a most distinguished chocolate gent. Minty is fine as fine can be. Halfway thtough her course of injections so hoping that will be the end of it. Lxx