Tuesday 23 January 2007

Day 12 -89

Well, I had a good morning as the scales showed a drop after a couple of static days. I know in my head that I can't lose a lb every day but, after my first week, I can't help wanting to see a change every day. Especially as I haven't cheated at all and have been exercising too! It doesn't seem to work like that. I'll just have to get used to it and have faith. I probably shouldn't get on the scales every five minutes either but lets not try to take too many steps at once!

I had a quiet day today. Nothing spectacular at the office and a quiet evening at home.

I went for a longer walk round town today but as I had planned to go running that was not really what I wanted. I took all my kit but forgot my fleece and it was far too cold to go running without a jacket. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. I'm going to try out the Oakwood swimming pool at lunchtime and see if that works in my routine.

As I had nothing better to do at lunchtime, I bought some cheap wool from Wilkinson and I've started knitting a scarf. It's going pretty well. I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to remember how to knit at all but it must be like riding a bike! Quite satisfying and it's keeping me from wanting to snack. not that that seems to be a problem but better to keep busy I think.

Paula at work told me something interesting. She said that 2 or 3 people she knows, who have lost a lot of weight on a similar diet to LL, have gained weight and had trouble starting the diet again. They didn't have the big losses they enjoyed the first time round. I think it must be important to get right through to the end before stopping for any length of time. Maybe a couple of weeks will be ok but not a longer break. I will try to ask Kate what she found after Christmas.

It also affects what we're going to do about Canada. I'm going to ask the leader on Thursday and discuss with Graham and Hadi when they're over the week after next. I really don't want to give up on Canada as D has agreed to it but nor do I want to bugger up this great opportunity. The way I feel at the moment, I want to try and diet through the holiday but don't want to ruin what should be a holiday of a lifetime. Maybe we could postpone 'til July and give me a few more weeks.

We'll see. Something to think about.

Anyway, I'd better go now as it's late and I still have one foodpack to eat before bed. I can't believe that I'm having to force it down - not hungry at all.

No comments: