Thursday 31 May 2018

Getting it done

Today is my single day off from golf out of 8 days. So it is a perfect day to chill out and do nothing go to bootcamp.

I decided I would go at work once I knew I was able to leave the office early enough to get to french and home before 7pm when it starts. I grabbed a sandwich on my way to french so that I wouldn't have the "too hungry" excuse later.

French was great, sitting out in the garden watching the birds and chatting. It was so good that we went over the hour. Doh! This still left me time to get home in time but then, disaster, a road closed at Darley Dale!

The only diversion (which was not signposted in any way) took us up a narrow road with cars parked on one side. Our stream of traffic sat and sat, and sat some more. Nothing was coming the other way either. Eventually we moved and that was it, an endless one way stream of cars. I felt bad for the other side but hey, it's a dog eat dog world, even in scenic Darley Dale.

The upshot was that I arrived home at 6.58pm with a head full of reasons why I could sack bootcamp off. I needed to feed the dogs, get changed etc etc.

But then I spotted 3 fellow bootcampers on their way there. And then I remembered what Melinda had said about just turning up. And thought about having the sandwich so I could go etc etc. So I jammed some food into bowls for the dogs and got changed as quickly as possible and got down there by 7.07pm. Better late than never. Worked hard, felt great, enjoyed a lovely evening outdoors before home, shower, salad and collapse!!

Back to endless golf tomorrow. We're playing with a couple we met at the Belfry in March when I was 22lbs heavier, which is a good thought.

No comments: