Thursday 10 May 2018

Not glum Thursday

I was right; the unaccountable glumness was due to TOTM issues. I found myself crying at songs on the radio and sad or happy stories so realised that hormones were all over the place and sure enough it started this morning and I feel more myself now.

I hope I will see that pleasing drop on the scales which usually comes this week but I can't verify that today as I'm over in sunny Lincolnshire visiting my lovely pa.

I played golf yesterday morning which started well; those exciting butterflies of "maybe this round is going to be The One" but then crashed and burned from the 8th onwards. Sigh.

Golf is a frustrating but terribly absorbing game - it must be like taking drugs, always looking for that perfect high but mostly having flawed or average experiences. Yet, when you're not playing, always wanting to get back out there. It's expensive like drugs too but I haven't resorted to mugging schoolkids for their Iphones to pay for a new putter (yet)!!

The dogs love it at my dad's; the weedy, somewhat overgrown borders are heaven to Shelagh in particular. She can potter about out there for hours, snuffling through the shrubbery, rolling in the grass and just sun bathing.  Minty sticks resolutely to me, as if she is scared that I may leave her behind. I think Shelagh would actually like to be left behind. She has jumped out of the car a couple of times at going home time!

Dad's house is littered with chocolate so I struggled to resist last night and admit to a couple of handfuls of chocolate raisins. It's weird, I wonder if that was TOTM related too as I don't feel any temptation this morning and the box is right under my nose?!

Other than that and slightly more fruit than I would normally eat, I have stuck to my plan. I made dad cook last night and tucked into wonderfully fresh and tasty plaice from the fishman who calls round on a Wednesday. So simple but so delicious.

Anyway, some vibrant flowers from his slightly wild garden. It is a shame but his gardener seems to have disappeared so he's back looking for help again. I spent an hour or so weeding and barely touched the sides! Need to get some membrane down to minimise the workload but dad is not having it!







The bit I weeded round the gooseberry bush.


No idea what this foliage is but I'm going to take some and some bluebells for my patch. They have gone crazy here though so will need to keep an eye out!







No comments: