Monday 7 May 2018

Bank Holiday Monday

Another glorious day dawned. We took the dogs out for a morning walk before golf.






Then a cooked breakfast/lunch to build us up for 18 holes of golf.

It was a stunning afternoon for the Bank Holiday mixed comp. We were playing with a really nice older couple, Jeff and Harriet. Jeff has lived and breathed our club for years. He has been captain and president and raised 3 daughters to be fantastic golfers (with my pal, his ex wife). Harriet is his second wife and a decent golfer but with zero confidence. They played pretty well, came third even and she was amazed! I kept telling her she was doing well as did Jeff and Rich but she wouldn't believe it. A lesson for life in their somewhere.











We came second....lost on a countback which means that we had the same score as the winners but they finished better. Hey ho...

Once again, I was good for the post match meal. Only 2 small roasties, a single gin and swapped fruit (mango and banana) for dessert. I could have chosen ginger parfait, chocolate nemesis, lemon souffle or sticky toffee pudding and I walked away. Go me!

Oh, and I wore the white denim shorts!


1 comment:

Peridot said...

Oh well done on the shorts and pudding! And the golf too, of course. I’d definitely wouldn’t have been able to resist a lemon soufflĂ©.

Px