Friday 18 May 2018

Steps forward and backwards

Wednesday morning revealed a very impressive drop on the scales down to 16.5.6!  I was chuffed and started counting my chickens, as you do. I was playing golf that morning so luckily my truly terrible golf distracted me from how rapidly the weight was going to fall off me!!

An 18 hole round of golf used to properly tire me out but I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that I'm not been nearly as tired as I used to be after a game. So either I'm getting golf fit, fitter in general, the weight drop is making the long-walk-spoiled easier or a combination of the above.

What it does mean is that I can't rely on a round of golf to guarantee a dip on the scales any longer.  Possibly the good drop, combined with 21k steps in the day lulled me into a false sense of security and encouraged me to eat more, erm, "generously" than I should have done too.

The upshot was a 3lb gain on the scales the next day!  Boooo!!  Now I know that I didn't really gain 3lbs in a day, just like I hadn't really dropped over 2 the day before but it is still a little disheartening to go backwards! Especially when you know you can't do much in the way of exercise that day due to work and french class.

This morning the scales had relented down to 16.7.2 so a small drop for the week albeit not as good as Wednesday's drop. A step in the right direction.

I was playing golf this afternoon in a scratch team match in Keighley. I played really well - go me!! I won my match and was the only one out of our team of 7 who got a win although 2 others halved their matches so we lost 2-5! So that's a step forward on the golf front too!

As usual we had a meal after the match. It was reasonably diet friendly - salmon in a caper sauce with new potatoes and salad followed by creme brulee with strawberries and 2 shortbread biscuits.....of course I had fruit instead of that though!!

The ladies from Keighley were very supportive as they remembered that I'd done the fruit thing when we played them at home 3 and a half weeks ago. I have dropped half a stone since then so that is a tangible change.  Hopefully next time our paths cross I will be noticeably smaller!!

I almost added "and able to have a dessert" to that last sentence. But I'm not sure how many desserts I'm going to be able to have when I'm slim. Maybe not many.... I can't just go back to eating anything and everything whenever I want.  That's what Lisa says and she's seeing me right so far so I'm going to try to follow her advice!

It was a match so I didn't take any pics on the course today so you'll have to make do of these 2 of Minty and Richard being all lovey dovey.



And these few from my walk on Wednesday evening. It was very chilly but I don't know what that big ram was doing!!



1 comment:

Peridot said...

Well done on the golf performance and dessert resistance!

Px