Saturday 5 May 2018

Sunny Saturday

It started very nicely with a great snooze after Rich had left for his early golf game and got better when I saw a modest drop on the scales which put me in a chirpy mood.

After my weekend shopping trip to the local butcher/farm shop I did something new. I went to bootcamp! My friend Louise has been nagging me to join them for a while now but I've wanted to get a bit lighter and a bit fitter before giving it a go. It was a gorgeous morning so a perfect introduction and I discovered that my first class was free so even better!

It was quiet today with only 4 women. Louise and Rachel were fit, slim youngsters while Kate and I are big women in the process of getting smaller. Kate has been an inspiration to me for some time. She was pretty large but has dropped many stone to get down to about my size or a bit smaller. I see her running and heading off to bootcamp (about 50 yards from my house) in all weathers. She has worked with the class instructor for a while too.

Anyway, it was great. I held my own and was able to work hard enough to get a really tough, sweaty workout. It was interval based with squats, medecine balls, those heavy ropes (a killer), boxing and various other evils. I really enjoyed it in a hideous, painful kind of way and will be back. Which makes me wonder whether I need to keep up my gym membership? Now the weather is better, it is getting a lot harder to make myself go to the gym. I think I will try to stick it out for the 3 months (ie. end of June) and then put a hold on it for the rest of the summer.

This afternoon has been all about gardening. Not the nice, planting pretty flowers sort of gardening but the horrible, picking dandelions  out of the cracks in the patio and weeding under the conifer hedge. Which was NOT fun - it has been neglected so "weeding" involved sawing down giant elders and dragging them out of the hedge before hacking the branches into manageable lengths for the green bin. I was dusty, covered in scratches with twigs adorning my hair. But the front garden looks much tidier and I can now plant some bedding plants in front of the tatty hedge in a few weeks.

We have still to walk the long-suffering pooches before supper and I am STARVING!!  I have a hearty supper planned after a very abstemious day so far (yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, a crumpet and soup for lunch). Chicken breast with pesto and mozzarella wrapped in parma ham with ratatouille and green veg. I'm drooling already.....

I hope you are all enjoying this glorious, sunny bank holiday weekend!!

I didn't like the look of this post without photos so I took some! Here is my one year border. It is still a work in progress but coming on nicely.


Proof of the dandelion pulling. Only a third down.....





And my one year old front bed too.


This was a freebie from an anonymous neighbour (although I have found out who it was since).
 And this...

 Self set

These hostas were a freebie from a different neighbour


And this gorgeous magnolia. Richard's mum had it in a tub but it was getting too big for her space. It seems to have settled in nicely for us.


Next a few from our gorgeous evening dog walk.






1 comment:

Peridot said...

Bootcamp AND the green gym - you should definitely be rewarded on the scales

Px