Friday 11 May 2018

Peaceful times

I'm back home now. I got home yesterday evening having done no exercise apart from gardening, not even walking the dogs. They'd been in the garden all day and up the lane to mum's grave but way less than they would normally get. I arrived home wearing my exercise gear which I'd put on in the morning confident of going for a run! (You guessed it; that didn't happen!)

So, I'm home at 6.40 wearing leggings etc and bootcamp starts at 7pm, 2 minutes from my house. Do I unload, grab a banana and go and do a hard workout?? Do I hell. I had ZERO motivation for anything beyond preparing supper (smoked haddock chowder) and sitting in front of mindless telly. I managed just over 5k steps all day which is my lowest daily total for months.

Hey ho, you have those days. I just need to make sure one day doesn't leak into the next etc.

I woke up this morning feeling as though I was coming down with something, achy and very tired but have felt fine since so maybe I was fighting something off.  I try to listen to what my body tells me but also have to guard against falling for the crap my chimp tries to tell me!!

Anyway, I've had a decent day today. I couldn't run or gym due to having a 2 hour re-doing of a root canal treatment (which was not much fun) but I walked the dogs and then up to the pub so steps okay.  The scales were friendly too this morning showing a respectable drop which I must hold onto until Tuesday.

The exercise will come tomorrow at bootcamp! And I mean that!

This evening has been nice - I enjoyed a couple of gins in the White Hart before home to a Hairy Bikers' Lean Lamb Hotpot in the oven. It was delicious and the local lamb was particularly gorgeous - melting and delicately flavoured.

I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend at home - chores, bootcamp, gardening, golf, walks and not much else. As next week and weekend is looking busy, I'm going to make the most of this one.

I hope you have a good one whatever you're up to.


No comments: