Tuesday 29 May 2018

Week 8 weigh in result and happy thoughts

Funny isn't it how, when I have a good result, I can't wait to tap out a quick post but, when it's not so good, I'm somewhat sluggish about the 'fessing up?

I saw 16.6.6 on the scales this morning. An increase of 1lb taking me further away from that illusive 1 and a half stone mark. Grrr

Having said that, I'm not miserable or annoyed about it; in fact I feel more positive and energised about life in general and the diet project than I have for a week or so. The small hiccup has come about because I have had 2 very social and fun-filled weekends on the trot. Neither caused me to go totally off the rails; I'm still doing plenty of exercise; and we had a great time!

Now, refreshed mentally and physically from the good company, hiatus from rules and restraint and the break from gym/bootcamp, I feel ready to get back to it whole-heartedly. Yesterday was a case in point; I had no difficulty going back to my normal eating routine and saying no to wine/beer/cider on the golf club terrace in the glorious sunshine or swapping fruit for dessert at the meal after golf.

I think I just got a bit stale, settled in a rut of endless work, exercise and home and garden tasks. As if dieting and exercising were the point of my life rather than something to be fitted into my life.

In short, I needed a sabbatical. Chatting with Beth the weekend just gone and Louise last weekend gave me that mental stimulation too. Different perspectives on wedding plans and ideas for holidays and just different vistas and that is important as well as the day to day list of chores to be ploughed through.

I had been feeling a bit snarky with Rich too (not all the time, just occasionally) but, now we've both had some space, feel all warm and mushy again. It helps that he looked mighty fine out on the golf course and at the meal afterwards and we both played well together and just had a laugh as a couple.

We seem to have been giggling about daft things a lot over the last few days. Snippets of old episodes of The Simpsons or Friends (which we never watch) have had us creased up and we found ourselves watching the Wedding Singer last night. Uber soppy rubbish but hey, if two 80's kids can't bond over Billy Idol, Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler I don't know what the world is coming to!!

Anyway, that's probably enough embarrassing personal revelations for now (please don't judge me!). I hope you are all infused with some sunny positivity and enjoying life!!

1 comment:

Peridot said...

Good for you! You’re so resilient and upbeat, you’re a model to us all (well, me!)

Px