Saturday 2 June 2018

There is such a thing as too much golf. Who knew??

Day 5 out of 7. 2 more rounds to play before a day off. It is fun but tough on the legs and hard work; I'm quite stiff in the mornings.

Yesterday was a fun round with pals which took ages as we got stuck behind some ancient folks playing very slowly. Nice for the old folk to get out and about but jeez they were SLOW!!

Time for a 4 person selfie on the 13th tee.


And for taking a pretty pic of the boys in the long grass.


The delay made us late for dinner but we had a good meal and I was pleased to pick sensibly and limit the booze to a single gin and slimline. While the boys tucked into burgers and Hunter chicken with fries and onion rings, Carolin and I had girly light dishes! Mine was delicious - sea bass and scallops with prawn and pea risotto. Go me!

Today's golf was a match. The weather was giving rain showers - gah!!  In fact it absolutely chucked it down in Sheffield only 14 miles away. However the golfing gods smiled on us and we didn't have a drop fall on us. It got warmer and sunnier as we played, finishing up with a sunny drink on the terrace.


Our team won 2-1 but I lost my match. Hey ho, it's all about the team (especially when I lose!). Our team has now won 3 and drawn 1 so we're doing pretty well so far.

Meatballs and courgetti with red wine for supper (it being Saturday and that). Hopefully it will not divert me from my path towards a lower weight on Tuesday!

More golf tomorrow - a medal with Kate and maybe Richard if he can be bothered. Then one more match on Monday - this time a scratch match vs Hull away. That's going to be tough!! I can do this!!



No comments: