Monday 21 May 2018

Weddings and real life

While not an ardent royalist or anything I did want to watch a bit of Harry and Meghan's big day. My dad was due to come over but then rang and said he wasn't going to so I texted Rich at the golf club so he knew he didn't have to rush back. This was about 11.45am. He then texted me back saying the wedding was on at the club and I should come down.

Yeah, a spot of company would be nice, so I raced down to the club so as not to miss her getting out of the car. Imagine my surprise to see a game of rugby on the telly. On closer inspection of Rich's text, he had said there was "a" wedding on at the club and he thought I might like to have a look at how the room had been decorated!!

Which was very thoughtful but caused me to miss the wedding. Hey ho, we had a good poke around the decorated dining room taking pics and then went home and watched some of the royal wedding on +1!

The room is a blank csnvas so needs a fair bit to lift it. This wedding went overboard in my opinion. It looked lovely, although a bit twee and "pinterest-y" but there was just so much stuff! Every surface laden with lace, pots of ivy, blackboards and easels, photos, little mottos....just too much



The table were pretty but with the vintage cups and saucers and the wide centrepieces, no room for vegetable or water glasses!







What we will take from it is the chair covers and bunting which brought the room together, the height provided by the 4 table trees (but we will use balloons) and some other bits and pieces. It was nice to see how good the room can look though as we're used to seeing it in its everyday clothes.


It got us both enthusiastic for our big day (to slightly varying degrees admittedly). So I'm pleased that the diet is still on track. I've had a weekend of food and drink treats but have stayed tight in between and played so much golf that this morning revealed my stone and a half off! Whether I can hold onto that drop for my official weigh in tomorrow remains to ne seen.

I've got to get to work now so will get back to the weekend later. Hope yours were as sunny and lovely as ours was.

1 comment:

Peridot said...

Yes, definitely over-styled.

What did you think of Meghan’s dress? Too plain for me - I preferred her evening dress - but she’s certainly beautiful.

Px