Friday 11 January 2013

Hanging on

Okaaay, you know I've said a couple of times that this is the week that I need to make progress and walk the walk.  This is the week in which the eating will prove the pudding.

May I back away from that for another week please?

It's just that I'm not making dramatic progress, so's you'd notice.

It's not that I'm going wild or anything.  I'm still having the cold showers, black coffees, POM and waiting 3 hours before eating.  So far, so good.  I'm not reeaaaally snacking either, but there are some snacks and the odd mouthful here and there is creeping under the radar.  And I'd include in that the tendency to have proper tea or coffee in between meals rather than green tea.

Lunches tend to be quite good - soup, sandwich, salad etc.

And then most suppers haven't been bad either.  So where am I going wrong?  I think the errors which have been littering this week have mostly been caused by poor planning and lack of application.  The rushing home, hungry and having a snack-y meal rather than waiting to eat something sensible; the overly carb-y meals instead of more stringently planned low-carb suppers. 

And, twice, the total failure to avoid temptation - quiz night last Sunday (red wine and sandwiches with chips) and darts and dominoes on Thursday (red wine and bacon sandwiches with curly fries).

On the plus side, today has been stellar and I've done lots of exercise.  Yep, that's about it for pluses.

So, let's build on today and try to limit the damage for the week then start again renewed and chastened next week.

Will let you know how Hull goes...

2 comments:

Seren said...

I think planning is the downfall of many a dieter - it is quite staggering the amount of thought that one can put in to trying to have a healthy but live-able lifestyle. Sounds to me like you are doing pretty well - ok, there are a few tweaks you need to make but you're very conscious of where these are.

Have a fabulous time in Hull :)

Sx

Dreaming of being a Skinny Minnie said...

I think you're doing great. Keep going and don't give up.

x