Saturday 22 September 2012

Day 6- football travails

I always struggle with dieting on football days.  They just don't go very well together.  I think it's the carbs! 

On the plus side, I stuck to my cold shower, black coffee and early morning walk and didn't eat anything until lunchtime so there will have been plenty of fat burning going on in the morning.  I also managed not to have any beer in the pre-match pub sticking to sparkling water and a coffee.  This is good news. 

I did, however, have a pub lunch (I was starving by then) of steak sandwich and chips!!  And it was delicious and I regret nothing.  Although it was by no means a low-carb lunch it was not a bad lunch (only a few chips).

Supper was pretty good too - grilled marinaded turkey steaks with salad.  But then I went and ruined it by having a chunk of Rich's crusty baguette with butter and honey.  It was not necessary although, once again, delicious.  And now we're going out again, somewhat unwillingly to see a band at our local.  Unwillingly because Rich is off on a stag trip to Portugal tomorrow for a few days and it would have been nice to stay in and preseve both wallets and livers.

So now I have yet more temptation to cope with.  Aaaargh!

Well, a poor day once a week is not the worst thing in the world but I just have to make sure that I don't go on and have any more.  I need to make sure that the carbs don't keep calling to me and the best way to achieve that is to have fewer of them and especially fewer of liquid or sugary variety.  So - no pints in the pub this evening.  None, nada, rien!!!

No comments: