Tuesday 5 June 2018

Week 9 weigh in.....sigh

All week my weight alternated between 16.3 and 16.4. It was looking good and then, in an unwelcome development on Monday, it jumped up to 16.8! Gulp. Accordingly, I was actually relieved to see 16.6.6 this morning! A stay-the-same on the back of a gain last week. Double gulp.

I am officially stalled.

I have re-re-committed to the plan and am already feeling better after 2 good days in a row.

The 7 day golfing marathon didn't really help. Reasonable exercise yes but, now I'm much more golf fit, 18 holes does not guarantee a drop. It also meant I had a lot less time for cooking and preparing proper meals. The last week has involved a lot of grabbed meals and snacky stuff although I wasn't eating particularly poorly.

Still, it was fun. I won my match yesterday in Hull. Shame only one other team member did the same as we lost 5-2. Won the medal on Sunday too....

Today has been a blissful break from the green sward. I feel pretty fit and healthy though and I'm playing again tomorrow so I don't have to go full on cold turkey!!

This was my gorgeous second to the 14th on Sunday which turned into a very pretty birdie. Awesome colours eh?


After golf we had a bit of a bonkers night out on Sunday evening. Golfing buddies had 2 spare tickets for the Hathersage Players' outdoor performance of Pride and Prejudice.

I thought it was in the school grounds but it turned out to be in the grounds of a stunning local country house - Nether Lodge. It was a gorgeous evening in a beautiful setting.  We took a picnic (pretty healthy) and too much wine (not so clever).  I need to remind myself that I can have a good time and be moderate - I did it for 7 weeks!!

The performance was excellent. Lizzie Bennett was appropriately pretty and a good actress to noot. Mr Darcy was suitably dark and brooding. Mr and Mrs Bennett were hilarious and the sisters were annoying and giggley. God knows where they managed to rustle up so many young folk!!






The first meeting between Bingley and Darcy with the Bennetts.


The cringeworthy proposal by Mr Collins..


And the full cast following the heartwarming happy ever after.


Afterwards the director gave the usual thanks. The crowd was somewhat tipsy after all the fizz which had been popping all evening and the owner of the house declared a 2 gun salute in honour of the Players' 39th anniversary (any excuse).

This is where the bonkers bit comes in. The salute was the firing of 2 full on cannons into a neighbouring field. Man it was loud -set off car alarms!!




It was quite a night. I have to say, it was definitely better than our annual panto offering!!

Wish me strength for a better diet week this week!!

3 comments:

Seren said...

You’ve got this! A bit of a stall is only natural a few weeks in after the initial New Diet Enthusiasm has worn off. It’s a good opportunity to go back to basics. I’m confident that you’ll be reporting a fantastic loss next week! Sx

Lesley said...

Thanks hon. It is going well so far!!

Peridot said...

Oh I love P&P - my second favourite Austen.

Stalls are so hard psychologically. Tripping along with steady losses is the easy bit. But I know you can do it. Onward and downwards.

Px