Tuesday 19 June 2018

Unorthodox

It's been a good day today.  My weigh in result pleased me mightily. There's something very satisfying about a solid 2lb off. It's what we aim at but it gets harder to achieve after the first few weeks.  As you know, I have had an up and down few weeks recently so it makes back-to-back good results doubly pleasing.

However, I'm trying not to become complacent as I want to keep this good thing going.  To that end I was determined to do some proper exercise today. I had intended to go for a run in Rotherham yesterday lunchtime but that didn't happen. I have no proper excuse for it not happening, the fail was purely chimp related. Sigh.

So, making sure that I did some exercise today was paramount. I had planned to go to bootcamp at 6.30 but started to get worried that my chimp was going to start in on cancelling bootcamp.  The inner dialogue can be devastating but, having failed on Monday, I was ready for her on Tuesday!

I got changed into my running gear straight away as, for some ridiculous and inexplicable reason, that is often half the battle. Then I decided to go for a run at 5.30 rather than waiting for bootcamp at 6.30. I took Minty and ran a reasonably  fast (for me) and hilly 4km.

It was great.  I checked my Fitbit and see that I haven't been for a run since 21 April!  Since then it has been the gym, then bootcamp and latterly golf (and more golf). So it was a pleasant surprise to feel fit and strong and quicker too. My average time per km has dropped from over 9 minutes to 8.58.

Part of the reason for swapping to a run is that I spotted adverts for a 10km in Dronfield as I drove through the village on the way to and from the dog groomer today.  It occurred to me that that could be a good target for me to aim at.

Trouble is, when I checked the date for the race, I discovered that it was rearranged from March to 1 July due to the appalling weather back then. I'm not going to be ready to run a 10km in less than 2 weeks and, even if I was, the race is full! Hey ho. At least now the idea is in my head I can keep an eye out for another target.

The upshot is that I've reminded myself that I enjoy running and don't need to be scared of it.

When I picked the girls up from the groomer I thought they deserved a treat so stopped off at Nether Padley on the moors halfway home. It was grey and not very warm but they loved the novelty and the quiet. Hardly anyone around and millions of new smells!!















1 comment:

Peridot said...

The running thing never fails to impress me. Well done you

Px