Saturday, 17 January 2015

Feeling heartened

I took out the laptop to look at a few blogs and was debating whether or not to post given what a glum mood I'm in and then I saw the lovely, uplifting comment from Cerulean on my last post and I had tears in my eye.  (I'm pretty over-emotional today to be fair but it was still lovely to read.)  So thank you very much for taking the time to comment after all these years and it is wonderful to hear that you're still reading my waffle and enjoying my photos.

Sad to think in one sense about 2007 when we dropped all that lard and (probably) thought we had it sorted.  But in another sense I have learned so much about what is important in life.  I am still 4 stone lighter than I was at my heaviest and hopefully soon will be back where I want to be.  The main difference between me then and me now is that now I KNOW that I can do it.  I don't always do it but it is there.  Back in 2007 I thought I had to turn my life off and turn to chemical dust.  It was a last resort and I will always be grateful to Lighter Life but I'm so pleased that I'm not in that place now.

In other news I'm sticking to SW religiously this week and doing very well.  I'm hopeful of a good drop come Monday.

We took Rich's father and stepmum to the theatre in Sheffield last night to see Anything Goes and had planned to have a meal beforehand.  When I've done this before I've had no trouble getting a table and getting served.  Not last night.  Every restaurant we tried was full and the one we eventually got in could only seat us in the semi-outdoor and somewhat breezy.  We ordered our drinks and food and then sat, and sat, and sat some more.  The performance was due to start at 7.15 and by 6.55 there was no food in sight.  So we had to walk out.  The restaurant was very apologetic and didn't charge us for our drinks but we were still unfed!

So, I had to break the SW plan and cram a ham and cheese panini in from the front row of the auditorium.  It is a frightening number of syns but set against no supper don't think it did too much damage (well the scales were very kind this morning at least).   The show was fabbie - some of those tap dancing boys were extremely, erm, inspiring from such close quarters too.  It is amazing to think that it was first performed back in 1934 and yet it is still so fresh and funny.

Today was more of a challenge to the diet being a home football match.  I gibbed.  I decided to go to Morrisons and do a shop instead of risk not avoiding beer in my local.  A good decision today but not something I want to do every week as I do enjoy the pub.  I just wasn't hungry so didn't eat until 2pm and that was only a jacket spud with beans and a salad.  Then a tasty SW compliant supper of sticky, asian-marinated pork chops with noodles and stir fried veggies.  Still only one syn (the honey in the marinade) and no bread HE.

So I thoroughly enjoyed the 2 gorgeous, crunchy Chatsworth Treacle Toffee cookies I nibbled daintily after supper.  A few weeks ago I might have crunched through 4 cookies mindlessly and not known whether I enjoyed them or not.  Now, having been limiting sugary input for nearly 2 weeks, 2 was plenty and a real treat.

We have a christening to go to tomorrow so the dreaded spectre of a buffet looms.  I feel strong but nevertheless, wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.