Sunday 22 January 2017

A plan which came together, just.

Back before Christmas sometime I spotted a Groupon for afternoon tea at Shrigley Hall Hotel and on impulse snapped it up. Surely I could rustle up some pals?? It's always nice to have something to look forward to in gloomy old January. Luckily my school pals rallied round and we managed to pick a date without too much trouble.

Then of course being disorganised I failed to actually book the tea with the hotel. Doh! And then when I finally got round to it, the hotel lost the reservation. Luckily, I eventually got my finger out and sorted it out (with only a few threats to the hotel). 

I then had to sort out a walking route for our pre-tea perambulation.  I had several ideas including a near vertical trek up to White Nancy near Bollington. However my pals are rubbish and indicated that their footwear and thighs were not up to it so I picked a gentler route round the village of Rainow. 

The weather nearly scuppered us too with a series of sharp sleet/hail showers just as we should have been setting off. But it cleared and the walk was perfect. We passed a stunning waterfall at Waulksmill Farm. 


I don't know why Blogger insists that above photo has to be on the left but apparently it is most important and I can't be bothered to fight with it any longer!



It was cold but fun. The views would have been spectacular if it had not been so gloomy and overcast but we chatted and took some pics and admired the scenery and my route worked perfectly though I say so myself!

Afternoon tea was even better! A glass of fizz, lovely sandwiches, scone with jam and clotted cream and dainty cakes and macaron. All small but spot on. I logged every calorie too!! 

Then home for supper - Thai Green curry- and off to the quiz which ended up with a most satisfactory away win. 

All in all it has been a very good day. Now I just need a decent weigh in tomorrow for it to go down as a most satisfactory week. Once again, fingers crossed for me peeps. Lxx

No comments: