Thursday 27 December 2012

Christmas Tidy Up


I was whizzing through a few posts from the last few weeks and spotted a few promises of photos to follow, which promises have not been fulfilled.  Poor Blogger!

So, here are the pics from the Sanata's Scramble fancy dress golf at the beginning of December.  My team chose, as a theme, Primark Onesies.  That's how up-to-date and on the fashion button we are.  I'm telling you.....

Shame we couldn't find 4 Primark Onesies of the same design in our 4 sizes though.  We were a somewhat disparate bunch.  Still, I like my reindeer onesie and have spent a whole evening in it.  I may even wear it again!!



Other teams went for more traditional Christmas choices - Shepherdesses for example.


Penguins....


Nuns.....


Golfing Reindeer...


Three Wise Men following the Star...



Glam Rock band...


It was all very well round the clubhouse but got somewhat bizarre out on the course.  But it was a glorious day and thoroughly enjoyable.





So, it's the day after Boxing Day and our first morning back at home since the Sunday before Christmas.  I weighed in on the Sunday although it was not an official WI as it was a day early and the day after a big night out.  I saw a gain that morning but didn't think hoped it wasn't a real gain 'cos  of the timing and big night out stuff....

So then there was Christmas.  I wasn't bad, honest.  There was a LOT of temptation hanging around but I didn't eat that much naughtiness at all.  I felt stuffed of course but, when I think back to Christmas Day I really didn't overdo it at all.

Right, I'll stop blathering as I'm sure you'll be keen to hear about this morning's number.  I was scared.  Truly nervous about how bad it was going to be.  I told myself not to be disheartened if there was a gain.  After all, it doesn't matter if I DO gain a few as I know how to drop them.  It'll only set me back a few weeks at worst.  BUT old habits die hard, and I really didn't want a bad number.  I suppose, I'm still fearful that I could slip back into my old ways and lose my way as I have done so many times before.

Right, come on, spit it out.

I weighed in at 14.6.6!!  That's 2 lbs less than on Sunday and only 0.4 more than the Monday before last!!  Can't quite believe it.  I'm quite pleased with myself but remain nervous that it'll be all snatched away from me with a dose of complacency over the next few days.  After all, there is still a shedload of chocolate, cheese, pate, wine, mince pies and Christmas cake littering the house. 

In exercise terms I went for a good long walk with Rich's stepmum Carolyn yesterday while Rich, his brother and his dad were at the football. (I wasn't bothered about the trip over to Bolton and thought Carolyn would appreciate the company. Also, to be honest, I thought - "Do I need a day on the beer and pies or would I prefer a good long walk in the hills?" and the hills won.)  We walked over the hills to Hathersage, stopped for a coffee and piece of flapjack in a cafe there and then walked back.  We got soaked for the last 30 minutes but it made stopping, unpacking the car, and settling into a foamy, hot bath all the sweeter. (Photos to follow - rats!!)

And we had another walk, not quite as long but pretty hilly this afternoon with my pal Kerry.  Although, the walk involved stopping for a pint and after walking came Christmas cake with stilton....hmmmm.  Supper was the last of the turkey in the form of a turkey, ham and leek gratin (see me avoiding pastry!!).

So, the trick is NOT to become complacent.  Not to think that I've got this pegged.  I have not; all I can do is keep trying and keep resisting.  But, at least I'm not starting from a higher number.  If I can get into Fresh Fat by the WI on Monday 7 January, I will be a very happy OMG'er. 

No comments: