Tuesday 10 January 2012

Right, that's it!!

I'm sick and tired of shilly shallying around. 

I lost a load of weight last summer/autumn.  I then lost my way and have gradually, with a few forward and backward steps, put nearly all of it back on.  So, I'm starting my traditional January diet once again.  But this time, not from my heaviest, just from my previous starting weight.

It's frustrating but not, surprisingly, depressing. 

I went to weigh-in AND STAYED TO CLASS this evening and I feel energised and re-motivated.  I thought I would feel hacked off with myself and bleak, especially as there is a woman in my class, who started on the same day as me and who has now lost 2 stone 4 lbs!

But I didn't.  I looked at the motivational sayings on the desk in front of me and read one that said "You cannot fail until you give up".  And I know it's trite and twee but it resonated with me.  I thought - "There's no failure here.  I haven't given up and never will!"  All I need is to actually DO the diet and I'll be back losing in no time.

It's never too late to take the first step - yep, yet another motivational saying - but this is it, another first step.

PS.  Another lather, rinse, repeat behaviour pattern of mine is always to fail to notice and mark milestone posts.  Like my last one which is, amazingly, my 800th!  Can't believe I've blathered on through that number of posts...thanks for enjoying every minute sticking it out you lucky misguided souls....

5 comments:

Love Cat said...

Loving the no nonsense attitude! I know once you put your mind to it there is no stopping you.

A few of those country runs combined with a few changes to your diet and we won't see you for dust!

Peridot said...

Ha ha! Loving your posts over here...

Px

Seren said...

You cannot fail until you have given up - love it!!! That is going on a post it note on my desk right now.

Sx

Val said...

Thanks for the nice comment a while ago! I wish I had your resolve, as I also need to get back to keeping my weight under control. I'm finding it hard to get going after the long SA holidays but you've inspired me. I'm very impressed by your run, knee replacements put an end to my running, hence the weight gain. Can't win!!!

rachel said...

Your dieting is like my tidying - we keep having to remind ourselves to get back to it! Good luck.

Now off to sort a cupboard or two.....