Tuesday 22 July 2008

Clinging on....

In honour of her survival....I'd rather see her eat sheep poo than rat poison!!



Well, I didn't make it to my weigh-in last night. I fully intended to and was even changing into my running gear and about to set off when I noticed that one of Minty's poos (sorry to be indelicate) was bright emerald green!! I was wracking my brain to think what she could have eaten when it came to me.....rat poison!!

Checked, yes indeed, the block which we put down under the sink behind the bin over a year ago was indeed missing and she had had her head in there when I'd emptied the bin the previous evening (24 hours earlier!). She was fine, jumping and playing but I had heard all these terrible stories about rat poison causing internal bleeding etc etc.

Rang the vet who said bring her straight in....what a drive that was, Minty having a great time without Shelagh for a change and me worrying like crazy! Anyway, she's fine. Apparently, she would have needed to have eaten the whole pack to have done any damage. I feel very stupid but very relieved too.

Anyway, no weigh-in but we did visit a friend who lives near the vets for a coffee and catch up so that was a bonus.

My personal trainer Huw is back from his hols. Thank the Lord! I ws beginning to forget how to sweat. Now at least I will always have my minimum of 2 sessions per week, however rubbish I am outside of training. It feels good to have that certainty back.

Diet wise, I've been eating healthy breakfasts and loads of fruit and trying to cut out bread which is my main trigger for bad eating. I've been a bit crap in the evenings though, not very organised and not keen to prepare sensible meals for one. Not easy when I've been so busy but I'm not gaining and have dropped a few lbs over the last 3 weeks. It's too slow to be satisfying but better than nothing. Need a couple of good weeks now...a proper push.

Good luck to everyone else who is struggling too. We can do it!!!

3 comments:

J said...

Hi Lesley
I am starting the push today (started yesterday and Sunday too but it just didn't happen) good luck with your's- hopefully we can keep each other going!
So glad that pooch is ok x

Shelley said...

Glad Minty is okay...we use rat traps instead of the poison because I'm afraid my dogs would get the poison. One of my dogs got his nose nipped once though.

Your PT has a cool name! I want a PT!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. You give me inspiration to keep pushing through. We can do this. I am so glad that Minty is okay. I know that must have been scary. Keep up the good work and I am glad that your PT is back.