Tuesday 2 October 2007

Day 264 - after a break...

In more ways than one! I have struggled big time. I've been excellent with the exercise, kept up running every day last week and have just come back from personal training but yesterday was a low point. I felt incredibly lazy and sluggish, ended up "working from home" all with good intentions but the day became one long snooze and eating fest. And you know what? Surprise surprise, it really didn't make me happy.

Hello! Eating crap and sitting around does NOT make me happy!! I didn't even enjoy the crap particularly. Well duh.

So - I'm sure I've gained some weight although I'm purposefully keeping away from the scales for a few days. But I'm back on track this morning. I was up and at training by 7am and talked it through with Huw and now, after a pretty good workout, feel much more focussed. I NEED to have a good week to 10 days to set me up for a week long holiday with the inlaws in Ireland mid October so that is what I'm going to do. As they used to say at Slimming World - "there's nothing stopping me" from going for it. I've got a reasonably clear weekend ahead.

In fact, for me, when I have things on in the evening I'm better. I'm seeing a friend this evening for a quiet drink (water) and another one tomorrow at her house for supper (which she will make sure is healthy I'm sure) so that is probably the best prescription.

That and getting back to blogging - hibernating away and avoiding the issue did NOT work for me so I will be back more frequently.

In other news - I had a great weekend in Norwich with my mates and that wasn't too bad foodwise. I ate normally but not excessively and walked for miles to compensate ( and danced 'til the wee small hours too). It was really just the quiet dull days that let me down. I worry whether these bad spells mean I can't ever keep the weight off, but I suppose that is what I'm doing now - combatting the weight gain stage. It's hard though.

Right - I've got to get to work now so I'll check this and get off. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Peridot said...

Try not to focus on the bad times (do as I say, don't do as I do!) - you are doing well and you are doing lots to ensure you retain your fabulous new figure. All that exercise and even just being mindful of what you're doing and why - that's all got to help. I have every confidence in you.

love
Peridot x

Mrs said...

So glad you posted! Was beginning to get concerned because you are so regular with posting....

I've got so much to say on the dull days but can't really put it in a message/comment.

But you WILL be a successful weight holder; it's the dull days that need dealing with, if you see what I mean. You won't be able to be busy all the time!

I will think of a way to communicate useful tips/strategies.

Big kiss.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxx

Amanda said...

Totally agree with Mrs L & Peridot, you WILL be a successful weight holder.

You're thinking about what your eating, which I'm sure before you lost all your weight you wouldn't have at all, I know I didn't. You still do loads & loads of exercise & I know the key is to keep busy, which nearly all of the time you do.

This is a whole new lifestyle, which is forever. You will always need to keep and eye on your weight, which will fluctuate - again, I know I'll have to watch what I eat/ keep an eye on my weight for the rest of my life. God that sounds awful, but it's true I'm afraid.

Anyway, you've done so, so well, you look amazing & are definitely feeling the benefits of losing your weight. I'm positive you'll be fighting to keep what you've worked so hard for.

Hope I haven't rambled too much, keep up the great work though.

(((((Big Hugs)))))

Amanda x