Tuesday 16 October 2007

Day 278 - Hello from Ireland

Hi all. Just to leave a quick update about how it's going in the Motherland (well, D's Motherland anyway). I must adsmit that I was apprehensive about coming over here because of the food but it's going really well so far. The family have all been full of praise for my transformation so they're trying to help me out.

Foodwise, I've been sticking to muesli and skimmed milk for breakfast, soup or salad for lunch and a decent meal in the evenings - meat and veggies or salad for supper. I've managed to resist the brown bread and butter, pavlovas, apple tarts, rice puddings, scones, fruit cake, swiss roll....etc etc. Honestly, you've never seen so many desserts in one place!

I've made sure that there is plenty of low fat yoghurts, fruit and salad knocking around so I can avoid temptation.

I've also been running every morning so far. It's lovely round here - nice quiet country lanes but it's all road running so a bit hard on the old knees. I went out for a 5 mile jog yesterday morning and ended up leapfrogging the postman the whole way round much to his amusement. I don't think they see many joggers round here!

Anyway, I'm off to the pub now so I'll catch up with you later. Happy dieting everyone"

3 comments:

Mrs said...

Glad you are having a great time.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful!

Glad to hear D's family has been so supportive and congrats on resisting so many temptations!

Mrs said...

Have you been locked in the loft???

Mrs Lxxx