Sunday 21 October 2007

Day 292 - Ireland report

Wotcha kids. It's a lazy Sunday over here in Ireland. We've just come back from a big Sunday lunch en famille to celebrate D's 40th and his brother's 39th birthday. It was great to pig out without guilt - I've been pretty careful all week, avoiding the bad stuff, not drinking much and jogging nearly every day so I was happy to enjoy a lovely 3 course lunch. Having said that, I feel stuffed now and could do with going for a run later.

I'm obviously a changed woman if I can say that!!

It's weird - we went to the same restaurant for a celebration lunch a couple of years ago and I remember feeling fat then even though I was not at my biggest. I had a smart outfit but was still very self conscious about eating the full meal. This time was a whole different experience, no shame in enjoyong a good meal and no self-consciousness.

We've had a pretty good time over here - met up with nearly all of D's mates from long ago and everyone has been flatteringly shocked by my weightloss! One farmer friend of D's said "well, you're after losing a fair bit of condition on you there..." Likening me to a fattening heifer or something - that amused me!

It'll be interesting to see whether I've gained or lost weight over the week. I haven't weighed myself at all over the week but my clothes don't feel any tighter so I'm hoping to have got away without too much damage.

I can't sort my photos out easily over here but will post some when I get back. Hope you're all going well and will talk to you later. Byee...

8 comments:

Mrs said...

Wotcha Lesley!!!

So glad you had a fabulous time in the Emerald Isle.

You sound really sorted! The fact you could enjoy a good meal is fantastic!

Very envious (in a nice way, obviously)!! Have lost my way a bit but am just riding the storm until I get back into my own home.

Big kiss.

Mrs Lxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

I clearly don't speak Irish.. had no idea what that fella said to you!

In any case, sounds like you're finding the proper balance, which we all strive for, between indulging and being sensible.

Major pats on the back!

Peridot said...

What about going for this Lesley? You'd get those nice photos for free!

From: Vishaka Read [mailto:Vishaka.Read@condenast.co.uk]
Sent: 24 October 2007 12:34

I'm looking for glamorous, inspirational women (between the ages of 25-60) to be in a feature I'm working on about body image. I'm basically looking for "pairs" of people; sisters, mothers and daughters, two friends, husbands and wives etc. to talk about how changing body shape has affected their relationship and attitudes towards each other. It's going to be a beautifully shot with portraits of all of the couples / siblings / friends who take part.
So perhaps…
- you're one of two friends who have always been a similar size, but suddenly one of you has dropped two dress sizes
- your boyfriend or husband has put on the pounds since you married him but you still find him just as gorgeous as when you first met him (or perhaps you don't!)
- you're someone who's always been very slim, and have recently put on weight but feel far happier and more self confident and your partner finds you even more attractive
- you and your sister have always been in competition with your weight and tend to try and lose weight if the other has suddenly slimmed down.
- or even if you have simply lost or gained a reasonable amount of weight recently I'd like to hear from you…
(Of course everyone who takes part in the final piece will get a fabulous bag of beauty products, their hair and makeup done on the day, be ferried by car to and from the shoot and have their pick of gorgeous designer togs to wear on the day...as well as a beautiful print of the final shot used)
If you are interested in taking part can you email me with a photo, your age and a bit about yourself.
We will be shooting all the portraits the week commencing 19th November so you would need to be free at some point that week.
Best Vishaka
Vishaka Read
Features Associate
Easy Living Magazine
6-8 Old Bond Street
W1S 4PH
Direct Line: 020 7399 2605
Fax number: 020 7399 2625
www.easylivingmagazine.com

Anonymous said...

Just caught up and sorry to hear that tings have been up & down or you lately! Hang in there; you're running, self aware & dealing with issues rather than just squashing them with food so all in all you're doing pretty well!! Big hugs for you!

chrismars said...

Hi Lesley. A voice from the past! I'm sort of back. Thanks for dropping into me while I was away. I've written a post on my blog to give details of why I've been away so long.

It sounds as though you're having a great time in Ireland. I know how much you were looking forward to showing off to the out-laws!

I'll drop in again soon.

Chris x

Conn76 said...

Sounds as if you are having a great time. I'm just reading through your blog to inspire me to get off tge sofa and go to the gym rather than watch Saturday Kitchen!

xxx

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely. And you sound very sorted.

Sandra

Mrs said...

Hi Lesley

Think I am being super thick; when are you due back?

Mrs Lxxxx