Saturday 31 December 2016

Last walk of 2016

We're off into Sheffield in a while for a proper New Year's Eve in our Sheffield local. They have an 80's band playing who are really good. Excellent musicians and witty too. I'm really looking forward to it.

I've had more good New Year's Eve nights with Richard in 7 years together than in the previous 40 years. They usually endedup being totally underwhelming or too pressurised but now whether we stay in, go to the local or into town, whatever, we have a laugh and a good time together.

I wasn't going to post again today but wanted to share my photos from our last walk of 2016. It was very windy and the sun was slipping down behind the hill. I wanted to get some height and walk a bit further as I hadn't done much today so poor old Rich (who had played 18 holes of golf this morning) dragged his sore feet up the hill without complaint.  He he he...




The light was splendid - golden accents dusting the hillside.







I love it round here.


Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: