Sunday 17 November 2013

Golfing in the sunshine

The journey over to Spain yesterday was pretty tiring. It all went to plan but you forget how tiring airports and car hire and driving on the wrong side of the road in unfamiliar (and almost totally unsignposted) areas is. 

But I'm NOT complaining, believe me. We did a lot of getting our bearings yesterday but still had a lovely meal out and saw a stunning sunset.

Today has been all about golf. We had a great round on our 'local' course. It was not the best course I've ever played but a long way from the worst too. 

It was gorgeous being out in the sunshine wearing short sleeved shirts. Not baking hot but pleasant. Heavenly really. I was loving the bird life too. we saw hawks, kestrels, bluejays and, thrillingly for me, hoopoes. I haven't seen hoopoes since we went to Botswana years ago and before that they take me back to my childhood in Nigeria.

So, all in all, it was a lovely (and healthy) day. We're off for supper now, totally ravenous...whoops....

No comments: