Thursday 5 March 2009

Limboland

I know I've already posted these but Kerri http://colorsofthegarden.blogspot.com asked about our British goldfinches so I thought I'd post another close up to show the difference.



Limboland really is not too bad. I'm happy to know that I can truly live a full and relaxed life and not gain weight. That is a massive weight off my mind. Buuuut (and you knew there was a but coming didn't you?) I don't want to stay at this weight forever and I really need to know that I can also drop weight as and when I need to.


I'm wrestling with other plans and think that I'm going to give it a few more weeks of calorie counting but in the old fashioned way - with a pen and paper. Basically proper healthy life style stuff. I found the Spark People website didn't work for me - too fiddly, too much faffing and I didn't like the tables. Also, I had trouble accessing a lot of the site from work due to the firewall so couldn't read the articles when I have most time (ie at lunchtime).


This approach should also help me with sticking to Beck as it'll kill 2 birds with one stone with the planning and writing down.


I'm truly pleased to have found Beck as I can recognise several changes in my behaviour which seem to have stuck and which have made a massive difference to me but it is a work in progress and some lessons are taking longer than others to learn. Back to the drawing board on those.....

3 comments:

Peridot said...

Weight loss resources is a good site but you do have to pay a monthly subscription. What are you going to set as your daily calorie allowance? I'm interested as this is basically what I'm doing. Good luck and look forward to hearing more!

love
Peridot x

Peridot said...

Also found another free website that looks good - www.foodfocus.co.uk - and you put in exercise too. Think I might give it a go.

Mrs said...

The great thing about the next stage is that you KNOW (not just hope but really know) that you CAN maintain and eat! That's a major, major shift (no pun intended)!

I know the WW class is an absolute no-no but how about the online stuff? The WW community is pretty phenomenal, I have to say, with loads of enthusiastic people posting their recipes (that they have adapted), there's an online weight loss graph that you can plot (always encouraging if it's going in the right direction)!! Can you tell I am very familiar with it all?!!!!

My mum did WW - the GI plan - and has, more or less, kept the weight off. And she still eats bread! LOL! She is still slim. She said it really worked for her.

You may find it gives you the structure you need for food - eating what YOU like - but within a weight-loss context. This may be the missing link - take a peek and see if it would work for you.

Good luck and remember Beck has given you such a strong foundation! This is just the next stage.

Have an excellent weekend! Make it work for you!

Big kiss.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxx