Friday 19 December 2008

feeling better now

I've been off work with the lurgy over the last few days. I wish I could say that I felt so rotten that I just couldn't eat but I'm afraid that would be far far from the truth. No, when I feel sick, I tend to eat to forget....sigh.

Anyway, over the last couple of days I've reined it back in and have been much healthier. Modest brekkie, (homemade) soup for lunch and then sensible supper (and a few treats I'm afraid) in the evening. I've also made sure that I've been out every day for a decent walk however weak and feeble I feel. So, there's hope for me.

I've conceded that I'm pretty much off the packs now until after Christmas. I reckon if I had been in work this week I might have stuck them out for another few days but it was not to be. Still, this is all part of the process and I'm gearing up to start running again this weekend provided I feel physically able for it. I'm quite looking forward to doing some gentle jogs over the Christmas period just to get me back into the groove.

Anyway, I hope you are all lurgy free and looking forward to a great time over the Christmas period.

No comments: