Monday 12 March 2018

Scores on the doors and Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)

I knew last week had not been a great "first week" so it was tough to make myself step on those scales this morning but I want to keep this going so I had no choice. The result is a solitary lb off - 17.8.6. I'll take it. On the basis that I need to make future weeks count.

Also, given the stress we've had looking after poochlet, if I hadn't being trying last week, I have no doubt that I would have gained so a lb off is not bad.

Now the stress is off for now I must knuckle down and get running as well as severely cut back on the booze.

Food wasn't too bad. I kept thinking I'd have some contraband item but somehow managing not to when push came to shove.

I'm in the office today and meetings over lunchtime so no walking possible. Which means I will make time for an evening run when I get home.  Not far but 25 mins or so of sweating.

Below are pictures of our day at The Olgas. After watching the sun rise over Uluru, we headed to Kata Tjuta and hiked through the Canyon of the Winds. The sun hadn't made it through the canyon when we started and the huge walls loomed ahead of us.



Eventually it became sunny and warmed up a bit. We enjoyed the birds and flowers and spotted a group of kangaroos but too far away for a decent photo.





It was a stunning walk and I only wish we had time to spend longer there. Most of Kata Tjuta is "closed" due to being so sacred to aborigine men but there are 2 permitted sites. I would have loved to see the other one.




Then onto the viewing area. Photos do not do justice to the enormity of the range and the strangeness of it, sitting in thousands of miles of nothingness a few miles from Uluru.








3 comments:

Pam said...

Goodness, you're back in Blogland! I thought you'd gone for ever. So glad that Minty is going to be ok - what a relief. And you're engaged!!! Congratulations!

Peridot said...

I keep sending comments but I think something goes wrong :-(

Lesley said...

I received this one!! Thanks for the thoughts. Lxx