Sunday 4 March 2018

Hello strangers!!

I have been wallowing around wondering how to get my mojo back. Repeatedly vowing to restart the diet on Monday. Repeatedly either not restarting it or starting but stopping by Wednesday.

I have not gone crazy or anything but am heavy, unfit and out of the habit of motivating myself to eat less and move more. It's like I've forgotten what to do despite having done this time and time before and despite knowing that I will enjoy it when I get going.

So I have reflected about what is different now to previous times and I see that one thing is how little I have been blogging. In short I'm spending more time on Facebook surfing aimlessly and less time blogging. Which is daft because blogging is way more constructive and positive than surfing. Way more. Making proper connections. Being properly accountable. And posting nice photos.

I've missed it.  I've missed my cyberpals.  I've missed running, training, swimming, dropping weight. That sense of achievement and power.

Then there's all the memes floating around my head - If nothing changes, then nothing changes - Every journey starts with a single step - Knowledge is power - However slowly you run, you're already lapping everyone on the couch - etc etc

So. Here I am. Back blogging again and enjoying tapping on my phone as I didn't bother getting my laptop out.

What am I going to be doing tomorrow? Weighing myself. Logging my food and keeping it under 2000 calories. Doing 11,000 steps. Blogging some more.  Looking into a personal trainer or gym membership.

None of the above tells you anything about what I've been up to in real life. I haven't really got time for a proper catch up but here's one little snippet - Richard and I got engaged on New Year's Eve, on a boat on Sydney Harbour after watching the amazing fireworks. What a night!!

So there's gonna be a wedding next summer (2019) and I'd like to be thinner and fitter for that big day.

Here's just a few pics of our big night:








3 comments:

Hazel said...

Congratulations, Lesley (on the engagement not the weight thing!)

FionnaD said...

Congratulations!!! Great photos and you look lovely !!

murgatroidgerow said...

Oh what wonderful news! Best wishes! I'm glad you're back.