Monday 16 February 2015

Monday is weigh in day

And today's is marginally happier than the last few have been.  I had been hopeful of a more impressive drop but suspect that my cake/beer/wine fest on Saturday put paid to "impressive".  So, just the 1.6lbs off and I'm quite happy with that.

Starting weight    17.0.4
Week 6 drop        -1.6
Current weight     16.4.8
Total drop             -9.6

It's beginning to look healthy.  I'm closing in on that all important first stone off.  It may take a while but I will get there and, in the meantime, I'm enjoying life.

I was going through some paperwork and found my SW book from this time last year.  It made for interesting perusal. Last time round (with the mad Russian lady - Jovita) I started on 8 January at 16.7.5.  I missed several week's weigh ins but, by 20 February, I had dropped 6lbs.  Hmmmm, so NOT as good as this time around.

I know that I was not tracking as I am using the tracking sheets this time around.  I now have 6 completed sheets with plenty of information about food, exercise, how I feel and weight neatly recorded.  Last time around, nothing.

Last time around I still attended meetings sporadically until April.  By 3 April I had dropped 9.5lbs. That is exactly what I have dropped this time except this time it has taken me 6 weeks rather than 3 months.

For the record, my final entry last time around was on 24 April when I had gained 3.5lbs leaving a total drop of 6 lbs, most of which I gained back during our holiday in Malaysia.  The extra half stone appeared gradually over last summer.  Aaaargh!!

To be clear, with myself, the difference is that this time I am following the diet but not attending the classes whereas, last time, I barely followed the diet and only sporadically attended class.  My head was not in the right place.  What a waste of time and money.

This has been really helpful.  How many times have I moaned about how slow the lard is in leaving me?  I have been thinking that it usually happens faster.  Well, I was wrong.  I must have mentally deleted the rubbish weeks with my rose-tinted memory eraser.  Objectively, this IS working and I'm going to stick with it for as long as it takes.

The other good thing about this time around is how healthily we're eating.  Hardly any packet foods or chemical-y stuff.  Almost everything we eat is from scratch and bursting with veggies.

Hooray!!

1 comment:

Stephbospoon said...

Love the idea of a rose tinted memory eraser. Think I'm guilty of the over- liberal application of that!! 😃